[BCAB] problems updating Adobe Flash Player.

Joan Muir wjmuir.twadugs at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 2 21:34:08 BST 2011

There was a very helpful email from Leonie Watson which I have kept. I am
managing to update by installing the whole thing when necessary.

Here is the copy email:

Subject: Re: [BCAB] Inaccessibility of Adobe Flash Player Update
Notifier

I spoke with one of the Adobe accessibility team today, and
will be meeting with him in person on Thursday. When I asked about
this problem, he explained that they had already flagged it up with
the Flash team, and were putting pressure on them to resolve it.

In the meantime he suggested that a workaround would be to
install the updated version directly, rather than as an upgrade. It's
a bit cumbersome to do it this way, but it does do the trick.

The person I spoke to sent over the following direct links to
make it a bit more straight forward:

Windows and Internet Explorer:
http://www.adobe.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_msi

Windows and plugin based browsers (Firefox):
http://www.adobe.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_pl_msi

HTH,
Léonie.