[BCAB] TWITTER QUESTIONS

David Taylor e.david.taylor at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 6 11:51:45 BST 2011

Hi,

You have to use a mix and match approach. There are a few things that can only be done on the website, but these are few and far between. On your iPhone I would suggest Tweetlist as the very best app, but the official Twitter app is now pretty good. I would say you'd use apps on whichever device you happen to want to use at the time. I use 5 different apps across my Mac and iPhone for a variety of reasons, but two or three will do most people.

In terms of finding people, you can import from various sources, have a look on the finding friends section, you can browse other people's followers, you can search by username, screen name, real mane and often email address or phone number. To attract followers, follow people, retweet things of interest to people, use hash tags that people search on like  #a11y for accessibility and so on. You will very quickly be overwhelmed if you follow too many people though!

Twitter is, in my view, the best website there is at the moment! The iPhone apps and Mac apps are fantastic too, can't speak for the PC any more though lol!

Cheers
Dave