[BCAB] TWITTER QUESTIONS

Iain Lackie ilackie at perth44.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Apr 6 11:58:13 BST 2011

For the pc, I would recommend Qwitter.

Iain

-----Original Message-----
From: David Taylor
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 11:51 AM
To: BCAB Discussion List
Subject: Re: [BCAB] TWITTER QUESTIONS

Hi,

You have to use a mix and match approach. There are a few things that can
only be done on the website, but these are few and far between. On your
iPhone I would suggest Tweetlist as the very best app, but the official
Twitter app is now pretty good. I would say you'd use apps on whichever
device you happen to want to use at the time. I use 5 different apps across
my Mac and iPhone for a variety of reasons, but two or three will do most
people.

In terms of finding people, you can import from various sources, have a look
on the finding friends section, you can browse other people's followers, you
can search by username, screen name, real mane and often email address or
phone number. To attract followers, follow people, retweet things of
interest to people, use hash tags that people search on like  #a11y for
accessibility and so on. You will very quickly be overwhelmed if you follow
too many people though!

Twitter is, in my view, the best website there is at the moment! The iPhone
apps and Mac apps are fantastic too, can't speak for the PC any more though
lol!

Cheers
Dave