[BCAB] Tesco changes just encase it helps

David Taylor e.david.taylor at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 6 14:15:45 BST 2011

Hi,

The unavailable edit boxes are for weights where you buy product by weight. Some products can be bought by weight or quantity so both edit boxes would be needed in that case. It would make sense for only the appropriate edit boxes to show up, but you get used to this. The next edit box is for quantity. 1 is selected and if you want to change it you have to delete it rather than the selection automatically being deleted as is usual practice. If you navigate to the add button you would add 1 by default. I tend to think that arrowing makes a lot of sense with Windows screen readers. Don't forget you can move more quickly when you know the site by using heading level navigation which also free up your right hand for using arrow keys. As you generally type in low numbers it may well make sense to leave your left hand on the numbers and your right for the arrow and enter keys. Of course that doesn't work in Window Eyes, but it will in Jaws and NVDA. Oh how I adore quick nav on my Mac as I can do everything but enter numbers from the arrow keys. Just for info before I get slated! I do think the ergonomics of web browsing are important though.

Cheers
Dave