[BCAB] deleting/uninstalling Firefox add-ons

Alexander Shannon alexander.shannon at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 7 15:56:43 BST 2011

Hi all,

As a result of a discussion on the BT Internet Support news
Group, I installed a Firefox add-on called Addblock Pluss.
After discussing with a visually impaired friend whether
this add-on would be of use to me, I have decided to
uninstall it, but as I have upgraded Firefox to version 4, I
seem to be having problems working out how to uninstall the
add-on.

As I'm running Jaws 12 and magic 11 on a machine running
Windows XP, I'd be quite willing to downgrade my version of
Firefox to version 6.3 or whatever the version was prior to
4, if it would enable me to uninstall add-ons more easily.

If any list members could advise me on how best to uninstall
the add-on taking into account the setup I have referred to
above I'd appreciate it.

Alexander Shannon