[BCAB] Copying files and folders and retaining original creation dates

Kevin Russell kevin_russell at uk.ibm.com
Tue Apr 12 09:11:52 BST 2011

Hi

I'm looking for a utility that will allow me to copy files and folders
that will retain the original creation dates of all files and folders on
the copies.  Currently, if I move or copy, say,  a folder using Explorer,
the copy of the folder has today's date as the creation date. Interesting,
if you use the Move option on a file, all original dates are retained.
This is for building and maintaining my backup archive.  It's very useful
to be able to retain original dates.

Does anybody know of a package that will do this; perhaps a plug-in for
Windows Explorer.  Would Image for Windows allow me to do this.  I know
quite a few people use that package for backing up their hard drives.

Many thanks.

Cheers

Kevin

Kevin Russell