[BCAB] i phone

Graham Page gpage at useit.plus.com
Wed Apr 13 10:42:37 BST 2011

In brief, yes it is though worryingly it is becoming increasingly difficult
to do this without having to use a touch screen which is likely to present
access difficulties for various groups.  Manufacturers are forcing people
down this route in order to save themselves money.  Part of this process is
to convince us all that touch screens are cool.  Fortunately at the moment
there are alternatives but it is unclear whether this will continue to be
the case.  Currently there are nokia phones such as the C5 which is still
being manufactured.  The main drawback with this phone is that it does not
have wifi access.  Some Android phones such as the Desire Z do have some
physical navigation controls such as the track pad and a qwerty keyboard.
Many other android phones and the apple iPhone are essentially touch screen
only.  You can get a Bluetooth keyboard but these phones are meant to be
mobile and convenient.

Regards

Graham

Graham Page