[BCAB] i phone

David Taylor e.david.taylor at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 13 11:47:37 BST 2011

Actually, there are many advantages to touch screens. Firstly, they really are cheaper and make phones thinner and lighter, secondly there are no moving parts so they are much more reliable than keyboards and thirdly, for us, we can often get at what we want with fewer key presses, so to speak, and can use much less pressure. For anyone with dexterity problems, bigger hands or any other number of issues, touch screens with the possible addition of external keyboards give the best of both worlds.

Now to get back to the question, your existing phone probably already gives you internet access, but you need to be specific in telling us what you have then we can tell you. There's only as much of a learning curve in accessing the internet on a phone as there is in accessing it on a computer for a blind person, but many people either refuse to put in the time and research needed or don't think they should have to bother lol!

Cheers
Dave