[BCAB] Useful Apple Links

David Taylor e.david.taylor at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 13 15:41:04 BST 2011

Hi,

It's a long time since I've done this, so here's a quick reminder of where you can get info on Apple products.

Their UK address is www.apple.com/uk

You can get user guides for both flavours of Voice Over, their screen reader, and much, much more about accessibility at www.apple.com/accessibility

There are many podcasts on Apple products. Some are listed on our site www.bcab.org.uk and many more reside at www.blindcooltech.com and more can be found by searching for Vision Australia Apple podcasts.

Good sources of information can also be found at www.macessibility.net and www.mac-access.net

Useful email lists are:

aiphone-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

Other lists can be found at Mac-access and by searching for mac-visionaries and viphone though these do last two are very heavy and memberships have to be approved. There are many more too.

One really useful site is www.applevis.com where there's all sorts of info about the iPhone and reviews of apps, and there's a great podcast and website called All With my iPhone, think the url is www.allwithmyiphone.com

Cheers
Dave