[BCAB] i phone

Graham Page gpage at useit.plus.com
Thu Apr 14 00:17:07 BST 2011

Hi Jackie.

>From my own perspective, and I have not yet been using the IPhone for 2
weeks yet, I have got some of the concepts sorted out and the flexibility in
typing method as well as being able to left and right click is great.  The
rotor gesture takes some getting used to however.  With many of the concepts
it's just a case of getting speed up and being able to write texts without
having to think too much.  That will take some time.

If you want to keep messages contacts and the like organised, deleteing
things you don't want this is a little tricky since you can't just delete a
message as you come to it and deleting a contact also looks tricky.  You
have to effectively mark messages for deletion and delete them later but you
have to press a button at the top of the screen called edit.  A touch screen
button I mean not a physical one.  So you get to the button and then find a
message to delete.  You can't read the message at this point to check you
want to delete it.

I think you can delete a message from within it but it all just seems a bit
slow.  I've said hhere I'd like some sort of accessible context menu here.
I think it's available if voiceover is off but I don't know how to get to it
and use it while voiceover is running.

I am not that happy with the web browsing.  Pages load nice and quickly but
you get no info about the page when it loads and I don't think you can
search for words.  I'm generally finding navigation of websites ponderous .
I find that the new scroll method of 4 fingers on the top or 4 finger on the
bottom of the screen is also a bit hit and miss.

I really appreciate the lowering of sound volume so you can hear speech and
I generally enjoy the challenge of getting to grips with the ifone but
that's no help when you want to make an urgent call or do something quickly
without  delay or much thought.

Regards

Graham

Graham Page