[BCAB] Infuriated with JAWS

David Boden david.boden at nottscc.gov.uk
Thu Apr 14 11:09:29 BST 2011

Can anyone help with the following problem please?

I am towards the beginning of several weeks' worth of running programs
which each take two or three hours to run.  To check the progress of the
program that is running I do JAWS+F11 for the system tray where I hear a
percentage of how far the program has progressed.  This is usually fine
but this morning, in particular, I can't reach the list of running
programs within the system tray.  JAWS reports that there is a JAWS
dialogue currently open but I can't reach it with Alt+Tab.  Also JAWS has
currently got into sulk mode by starting to read everything two or three
times and it won't easily be shut up.  Short of rebooting the machine in
an hour or two, any ideas please.

Thank you.

David Boden
Systems Designer

Applications and Operational Delivery
Environment and Resources Department - ICT
CG41
County Hall
West Bridgford
Nottingham
NG2 7QP

Telephone: 0115 97 74573

Email: david.boden at nottscc.gov.uk

SAVE PAPER ? Do you really need to print this email or any of its
attachments?
Think before you print. Over 115 Billion sheets of paper are printed from
PC's annually.

Emails and any attachments from Nottinghamshire County Council are confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the email, and then delete it without making copies or using it in any other way.  Senders and recipients of email should be aware that, under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the contents may have to be disclosed in response to a request.

Although any attachments to the message will have been checked for viruses before transmission, you are urged to carry out your own virus check before opening attachments, since the County Council accepts no responsibility for loss or damage caused by software viruses.

Nottinghamshire County Council Legal Disclaimer