[BCAB] Iphone again

Jackie Cairns jackie.cairnsplace at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 14 14:15:40 BST 2011

Hi Paul

My take on it is this.  I use the phone in portrait mode always, just
because I'm used to holding it in the correct position for calls.

At present, I have mine set that I find the key I want, then double tap to
execute it.  Now I know many don't recommend that method, and say you are
quicker to leave your finger on the screen, let VoiceOver announce each key,
then lift your finger when you reach the one you want.  But, for whatever
reason, I can't seem to leave my finger on the screen all the time, and want
to lift it up as if to type.  I think this comes from being a fast
touch-typist for many years, I don't know.

But, at the end of the day, you have to use whichever method works and is
most comfortable for you.  There isn't a right or wrong way of using the
keyboard, and it comes with practice in using a touch screen.  I'm warming
to the task let's just say.

Good luck, don't give up, and keep going.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns
J&M Work-Ability

jandm at work-ability.co.uk