[BCAB] E MAIL PROBLEM

David Reynolds dkreynolds at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 14 14:24:18 BST 2011

OK, assuming your email address is wally.harding at ntlworld.com, you could use
the following settings:
SMTP server: smtp.ntlworld.com
SMTP ssl: enabled (this is a checkbox)
Smtp port: 465
Smtp authentication: Enabled (another checkbox)
Smtp user name: wally.harding at ntlworld.com
Pop3 server name: pop3.ntlworld.com
Pop3 ssl: enabled
Pop3 port: 995
Pop3 authentication: enabled
Pop3 user name: wally.harding at ntlworld.com
Pop3 SPA: (secure password authentication) disabled.
Imap4 server name: imap.ntlworld.com
Imap4 ssl: enabled
Imap 4 port: 993
Imap4 authentication: enabled.
Imap4 username: wally.harding at ntlworld.com
Imap4 spa: disabled.

Note that in these settings, the complete email address is used for user
name. for some ISPs, this isn't the case.

HTH,

David.