[BCAB] i phone

Graham Page gpage at useit.plus.com
Thu Apr 14 17:54:22 BST 2011

Hi Jo.

I bought this book myself and it did indeed greatly help me.  It even told
me that IBooks was not included on the phone!

I have thought about Jail Breaking myself and some blind people I know have
tried it.  this is probably not legal but why should I be forced to use
ITunes all the time?  It's a serious piece of bloatware just like PC Suite
and, by the way, there is a bug in the lates version when combined with IOS
4.3

you pay an absolutely stupendous price for apple products.  On the plus
side, technical support and after sales service seem pretty good but if we
jail break phones, I suspect we will get little sympathy if anything stops
working so like you I am being careful.  still, one thing that really
appeals is being able to drop tunes into the right place in the folder
structure just like on players such as the creative zenstone.

I find that the apple IPhone 3GS sounds pretty ok.  Nokia e series phones
such as the E52 are less to my liking because they have all trebble and
almost no base and I find them quite difficult to hear.

there looks to be quite a gap opening up now between the apple 4G and the
next version and it will be interesting to see what this will all mean.

Most of these problems are related to the general design of the phone and
the operating system and not VoiceOver.  There is of course room for
improvement but this is still easily the best access ever offered directly
from a phone manufacturer.

Regards

Graham

Graham Page