[BCAB] i phone

Joe Paton joe at vi-ability.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 15 09:18:47 BST 2011

Hi graham,

Thanks for your detailed reply.
I think after jale breaking, it is easy to restore the phone back to
factory conditions, and no trace is left behind.

The book in indeed a handy resource, well worth the price.  Nicely
authored, although I'm not too keen about the journals at the
end.  still a good resource though.

I've stayed with an earlier version of ITunes, glad I did because
accessibility features can not be re-enstated in the latest offering
of ITunes.  I hate it too.  I have seen a post, with a link where you
can download just the components you need, leaving the bloaty bits
behind, but I haven't done it.

It's odd that you can access the digital pictures area of the IPhone
with explorer, but not the audio repository.  Strange that.

Like you, i enjoy the audio quallity of the IPhone, although a friend
prefers his android, sais the noise level is less.  I mus say I
haven't noticed an excessive noise floor on the IPhone, so maybe
trevor is guided by what has been written down rather than his ears.. smile..

Also, because I went from an older nokia 6630 I had to input all my
contacts manually.  So an external keyboard was a great help for
this.  I guess I could have gone through an intermediate software
option, but I couldn't be bothered with all that pratting about.

Anyway, have a fine friday graham.

speak later.

Joe