[BCAB] problems switching off my PC

Paul Roberts anorack at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 16 19:57:04 BST 2011

Hi all,

Using JAWS 12 and Windows XP, I have noticed since the middle of the week
that I am not abel to switch off my Pc in the normal way, i.e. via the
button on the top right of my PC keyboard.

After closeing down all applications such as Outlook and the internet, I
attempt to switch my PC off, only to get a message up and an end now prompt.

ON the first night it happend, I enterd on end tasks, only to get another
mesage up.  I again entered on end tasks and this time I got my closing
jingle and the PC closed down as normal.

Since then, I have only pressed end takss once but I can't now get the PC to
switch off.

AS this has been happening for the last few days, I decided to look in the
links list dialog box, system trey and also task manager but I can't find
any trace of any programme running whatsoever.

Please could anyone advise me as to what I can do next.

the other night I switched off my PC via the tower and hoped that this might
solve the problem but it hasn't.  I am rather baffled as to what is going on
and so any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

Paul.