[BCAB] problems switching off my PC

John Burling j.burling at btconnect.com
Sat Apr 16 20:43:01 BST 2011

Hi Paul. If you're getting a dialog containing an End Now button, then it
should also include the name of the task/application/process causing the
problem. I know JAWS functionality may be impaired at this point in the
shutdown process, but try and make a note of the task name in each dialog,
then type Alt-e. Keep repeating this cycle, and with luck the machine should
eventually shut down. If you can then report the names of the offending
programs to us, it may give a hint as to what is going wrong. Perhaps you've
recently installed a new application or driver, or Windows or another of
your installed programs has performed an automatic update of some sort.
Perhaps you could do a system restore if you have this facility enabled.

Cheers.

John