[BCAB] problems getting a .PDF to read in the latest adobe

John Burling j.burling at btconnect.com
Tue Apr 19 21:49:43 BST 2011

Alexander, you could try reverting to Adobe Reader 9, as I believe JAWS 12
doesn't officially support Adobe Reader X yet. Having said that, I think
some people are using version X successfully, so this may not help.

My only other suggestion is that you download and try pdf2txt, from
http://empowermentzone.com/pdf2txt.htm if you haven't already. It has 2
different conversion options, and I've often found that one or other of
these works better than Adobe Reader with JAWS, though admittedly it's a
case of suck it and see for each new document.

Kind regards.

John