[BCAB] switching to virgin

Chris Moore moore.c at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Apr 30 13:43:00 BST 2011

I can't speak for where you live, but I have caller display in my area and have done so for over 10 years.  I am in a ex Telewest area.  We also do not have our cable modem or router placed by the TV.  My cable modem is upstairs in my office / spare room.  If you have low vision you should not have any problems using the TV V+ box as the colours are a good strong contrast.  The remote feels good in the hand and is easy to learn.  Sadly I now have no vision (lost it a year ago) so I remember all the TV menu remote key presses which works for me most of the time, apart from when the box is running slow.  I do hope one day Virgin add text to speech to their menus and EPG.

It is also noting that you will have to turn on audio description on the box which you can find under settings, audio and display.  To obtain audio description versions of the main 5 channels you will have to select 851 for BBC1, 852 for BBC2, 853 for ITV1 London, 854 for Channel 4 and 855 for Channel 5.

Chris