[BCAB] off topic info about android vs iphone

Graham Page gpage at useit.plus.com
Sun Jan 23 15:43:25 GMT 2011

Hi Louise.

This one is a bit of a no brainer, certainly as things stand it is anyway.

There are a few screenreading programs being written for android but at the
moment none of them are really anything like functional and they certainly
don't offer anywhere near the functionality and accessibility of the Apple
IPhone.

If you are happy to use a phone with a touch screen and you can afford an
IPhone then currently the IPhone does win hands down.

I do not know where you are in the country, but if you are near an apple
store you could do worse than take a look at the IPhone by visiting the
apple store.

As you may be aware from reading posts on this list, RNIB holds regular
phone watch events which have recently been held in London though RNIB says
it hopes to hold similar events in Birmingham and Glasgow this year.  You
can have a hands on of the IPhone at one of these events.

There are also Windows phones but I would stay well clear.  Windows 7 phones
are not accessible and from comments Microsoft have made nothing is likely
to change for at least 12 months. Shame on Microsoft!

Regards

Graham

Graham Page
Mobile: 07753 607980