[BCAB] USB players and talking book machines

Ibrahim Gucukoglu ibrahim_gucukoglu at sent.com
Mon Jun 20 10:49:08 BST 2011

Hi Tim.

Yes, the PTX1 from Plextalk which is the standard rental from RNIB will play
from USB memory sticks, just as it will play from SD cards and of course
cd's.  The formats supported are all the same across all media types.  Make
sure though that the newspaper formats its pens using the standard FAT
filing system to ensure compatibility.  I format all my pen drives using the
NTFS filing system in Windows which is not compatible with the Plextalk
machines.

All the best, Ibrahim.