[BCAB] More kindle questions.

Griffiths, Steve Steve.Griffiths at rnib.org.uk
Fri May 20 10:42:53 BST 2011

Nick,

To add to Yusuf's information:
3. Some books have a table of contents, some don't. You can't work the
table of contents with speech. You can search for and jump to a chapter
name.
4. The Kindle has 3GB of memory.
6. No, you can't transfer folder trees to the Kindle. Once you've got
books on the Kindle, you can arrange them into collections, so you'd
have to recreate your structure. You'd also need to pay attention to
formats. I have been able to transfer Word documents to a Kindle via a
USB cable, but I can't then find them on the Kindle once I've
disconnected it. If I transfer a PDF document, I can find it on the
Kindle but the speech doesn't work on it. You are supposed to be able to
email Word and PDF documents to the kindle and they get converted to the
Amazon format on the way, but I've only tried this a few times and it's
failed every time, with no indication why.