[BCAB] Voice Recognition on iPhone

Terry Clasper Terry.Clasper at tandt-consultancy.com
Wed Nov 23 10:13:15 GMT 2011

Hi Tim.
For me I'm getting generally very good results.
Certainly using Siri for text dictation where for example you are in an e-mail or text message environment its fairly good. The fiddley bit I think is correcting errors if you don't use another input device. Yes of course using the screen you can manipulate the cursor, delete word etc, but that it quite time consuming and I suspect would be a real issue to someone who had dexterity or other such issues that made screen based interaction problematic.

From a command and control perspective, for example telling Siri to call someone etc, I find for the most part it works just fine erespective of the environment I've used it in.
So I don't think Siri is a solution on its own, but if combined with other input tools it certainly has the potential to make the IPhone usable for people who previously perhaps couldn’t of considered it.
Hoep these ramblings are slightly interesting to you!

Terry Clasper.
Managing Director.
T&T Consultancy Ltd.
Advantage House,
Trentham Business Quarter,
Bellringer Road,
Stoke-on-Trent,  ST4 8GB

T :   08452 30 30 15

OMNI Assistive Technology Service Desk : 01782 645130

NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail's content. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and then delete the email and any attachments from your system. T&T Consultancy Ltd have made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all received e-mail messages.
Registered in England No. 4098268
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail