[BCAB] Initial iphone questions.

Barry Toner barry at barry-toner.co.uk
Sun Jun 10 00:51:31 BST 2012

Hi,

On the Twitter app front you've plenty to choose from.  Currently I've been using and loving the Twitter.com app itself.  Packed full of features.  Tweetlist is good but it dosen't offer Push Notifications so you have to opent he app all the time to get mentions/DM's.  Unless you use a third party app called boxcar.  Which does more thant Twitter but I like the minimalist approach for social media tools.

www.applevis.com really is your friend for app reviews, guides.

There's nifty system apps you can get for remote stuff, and I'm happy to talk to youa bout Jailbreak apps if you ever take that path.  I have and would never look back.  With allot of my Jailbreak apps I'm able to make my iPhone do much, much more than Apple approve of it doing.  For example increasing column/rows, increasing the widgets and info I can put in the notification area.  Being able to SSH into my phone for various tasks.  Better control over folders, being able to lock them with passwords, lift placement and limits that Apple put on them.

On an entertainment point I was using BBC iPlayer a year before the BBC brought their official app out.

I'm sorry i can't currently be any help ont he keyboard point but will shout on Twitter for you and see what comes back.

Regards,
Barry.