[BCAB] JAWS intermittent speech

Jackie Cairns jackie.cairnsplace at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 13 12:42:14 BST 2012

Hi Jim

I sometimes get this problem too, using Windows 7 Home Premium, latest build
of JAWS 13, and Office 2003.  Basically I've given up worrying about JAWS
and its habits unless they actually hamper my use of the PC altogether.  I
find that by arrowing right on a word with no speech, reversing the scenario
and going left, does speak, so at least I know where I am.  Even more
baffling is that this happens to me the longer the document is open, and the
more I'm jumping through it to proofread or alter what I've written.  I've
just got used to it, it's happened throughout JAWS 13, but I just jump back
then forward, or left then right, and that seems to do the trick.

What version of Office are you using out of interest?  I suspect Microsoft
and FS aren't bothered so much with 2003 any more, but I'm staying put for
now.  Where there's a will there's a way mate! (smile).

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns