[BCAB] broadband Send and Receive settings query

alexander shannon alexander.shannon at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 13 22:02:57 BST 2012

Hi all,

Following the reply from David Reynolds in the thread titled
Send and Receive problem in Outlook 2003, I've taken a look
in the Mail setup tab, and found that although the problem I
had has been resolved, I can't tell if my settings in
Outlook 2003 are correct for a broadband connection.

I have the checkbox ticked that says something like "send
and receive when connected", but the radio buttons on the
bottom of that page seem to refer to a dialup connection not
a broadband one, so I have "always use an existing dialup
connection" checked, as I feel it's the closest to a
broadband option, as there is no option for "never dial a
connection"

Do I need to change anything in Outlook 2003, and if so
what?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Alexander Shannon