[BCAB] National Computer Museum - Bletchly Park

Jackie Cairns jackie.cairnsplace at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 14 09:27:12 BST 2012

Hi Laurence

That's interesting to know, thank you.  We can get RTE here, but we aren't
subscribed to any Sky package, only FreeSat, so I guess that just counts as
something similar to digital Freeview which won't work of course.  It's a
pity, because if you knew your way around the various Teletext numbers, it
was quicker to find something than anything else like waiting for the news
and hoping the story you wanted was featured.  And if you were into sport
updates, it was great for announcing tennis, football, F1, and cricket
changes during events, depending on what you were interested in.  In my
mind, because I used it so much and got one heck of a lot out of it, Talking
Teletext was the best innovation of the 90s.  Yes you could get all that
stuff on the Internet, but it was still faster.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns