[BCAB] Tvonics - two very important issues

chris hallsworth christopherh40 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 10:50:48 BST 2012

Good morning all.
I wish to raise two very important issues that Rnib and or Tvonics
should take into consideration.
1. The text to speech is actually installed on the hard disk, and *not*
the firmware, as you would naturally think. So if you experience hard
disk problems, and you do not have the appropriate files, you are
screwed basically.
2. In the manual, there is no mention of how to mark programs for
deletion in the library, as well as deleting the marked programs.
However it is doable:
a. Press library.
b. Press skip forward.
c. Press blue to mark all programs on that page.
d. Press red and follow the prompts.
Of course, I am not here to detract you from getting the Tvonics. It's a
lovely box and I cannot fault it one bit. But the current situation I am
in now, i.e., no speech after a disk format, gave me the motivation to
write to this list and advise you all.
I am going to contact Rnib Monday to raise the above issues personally.
Alternatively if anyone from Rnib who is on this list would like to
contact me off list, please feel free to do so. Thank you very much.
Have a good day, and happy viewing!