[BCAB] Olympus DS transcription module

Mai Ling Wong mailingwong at talktalk.net
Mon Jun 25 21:50:51 BST 2012

Hello

Has anyone used the Olympus DS transcription module 1.0 software?  Its for downloading voice recordings for example from CDs, DVDs or a dictaphone onto a PC, playing back the files and then transcribing using word.
We've been using tapes at work but they want to phase them out and go digital eventually.
I'm having a lot of problems getting to certain areas like the list of files.  And the foot pedal is a nightmare!.  I've contacted Olympus but they couldn't help.  They didn't seem to think it was very accessible for the visually impaired either.
I've struggled along but I'm not sure how long I can go on like this.
Can anyone help with this software (with tuition) or does anyone know if there is an alternative software that is accessible that I can suggest to work?

Thanks in advance.

Mai Ling Wong