[BCAB] KEYSTROKES FOR BRAILLE DEVICES WITH IPHONE

tim.pennick at bt.com tim.pennick at bt.com
Wed Jun 27 08:50:00 BST 2012

All,

On the few occasions that I've tried a Braille display with an iPhone, I've found that the screen locks and at the same time the Bluetooth connection is dropped.  One of the situations where I think a Braille display would be useful is on a train, where you could keep the iPhone in your pocket and just use the keyboard of the display.  However, if you have to keep furtively re-awakening the iPhone, this rather spoils the point.  Has anyone found a work-around for this?  Also, if you keep the screen unlocked to preserve the connection, and you have the phone in your pocket, is there a way to stop the screen being randomly activated?

Many Thanks,

Tim Pennick