[BCAB] BULETOOTH PAIRING

Ian Macrae ian.macrae at disabilitynow.org.uk
Wed Jun 27 11:35:46 BST 2012

Why is pairing between an iPhone and an BN apex such a nightmare?  Both devices have bluetooth on and can find and identify each other.  However, when I try to pair, first there's the obstacle of the incredibly short time limit for entering the PIN code which means that pairing is denied because it took too long.  Then, once you've cracked that one, connection fails for no clear reason.  I'm told to make sure that Apex is turned on and in range.  The proximity of the phone to the BN is pretty much immediate.  It does annoy me that things like this appear to be such a lottery.

Ian Macrae
Editor
Disability Now
6 Market Road
London
N7 9PW
++44 20 7619 7760 ext 7760
++44 7824 900855
www.disabilitynow.org.uk<http://www.disabilitynow.org.uk>
Follow us: @disabilitynow

________________________________
Scope is a registered charity (number 208231) and a company limited by
guarantee (number 520866).
Our registered office is at 6 Market Road, London N7 9PW, England.
Our VAT number is 805156939.

Visit our website at http://www.scope.org.uk

This message, and any file(s) transmitted with it are confidential
and are intended only for the person(s) to whom they have been
addressed by the sender. This message may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, or if you believe it was transmitted to you in error, you are
required to delete the message and any copies of it, and to notify the
sender immediately. Any unauthorised disclosure, copying, distribution,
or printing of this message or accompanying files, or unauthorised use
of any information contained therein, by anyone other than the
intended recipient(s) is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Any views expressed in this message or in any file(s) transmitted with
it are those of the author, and may not necessarily represent the
views of Scope.