[BCAB] SIRI AND IOS6

Steve Nutt steve at comproom.co.uk
Wed Sep 26 10:23:02 BST 2012

Hi Ian,

There are disadvantages doing that, and a bug.

First the bug is that when you switch voiceover back on, it doesn't say
Voiceover on, it doesn't say anything, so you just have to hope it has
turned on <Smile>.

Next, Siri speaks a lot slower if you turn off VO.

Finally, Siri gives you less info by speech without VO.  For example, say to
Siri:-

"What are my appointments next week?"

Siri will answer:-

"Here are your appointments" and not speak them.

So you then have to turn VO back on to find out what they are.  On the other
hand, with VO on, your appointments are automatically read out.

So the little speed decrease you get with VO on, is still quicker than using
it with VO off.

Of course, you have some sight, so this would probably be alleviated a
little for you, but I would recommend that totals keep VO on when using
Siri.

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage