[BCAB] Strange unexplained error on safari during development

M Lakhani muzz.lakhani at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 9 16:24:24 BST 2013

Figured it out guys! Thanks so much for the help :)
The issue wasn't the code, but rather textedit preferences!
Apple unhelpfully reset the editor preferences upon upgrade to 10.8.3 so by default rtf becomes the layout of all textt.
To fix:
Cmd +, to go to textedit preferences
Document tab: change layout to plain text
Text & save tab: select HTML 5 or XHTML depending on style
Also tick the box to render HTML as plain text
Save code with .html extension
After the document is saved, go to its location , VO+shift+m & click Get Info
Delete the .txt & replace with .html if not done already
Open with safari
Done!!

Wish the settings were optimised by default since this isn't so intuitive or easy to find!
HTH
Muzz

Sent from my iPhone