[BCAB] IPHONE AND BRAILLE

Geoff Madge IS Development Officer Technology IS Strategy Geoff.Madge at essex.gov.uk
Tue Feb 5 12:02:39 GMT 2013

Hello both,

Could we hear what braille displays people are using with their iPhones and which version of iOS?  I have my Braille Sense OnHand which I believe should Bluetooth to an iPhone but have never tried.  Thanks.

Regards,

 Geoff Madge
IS Development Officer
Information Services, Transformation Directorate
Essex County Council
Telephone: 01245 431332 | Ext: 21332 | Email: geoff.madge at essex.gov.uk | www.essex.gov.uk

EssexWorks

For a better quality of life

-----Original Message-----
From: Bcab [mailto:bcab-bounces at lists.bcab.org.uk] On Behalf Of Terry clasper
Sent: 05 February 2013 11:51
To: BCAB Discussion List
Subject: Re: [BCAB] IPHONE AND BRAILLE

HI Ian.
Yes without doubt some leaps forward were made in IOS5 with Braille, and I've noticed improvements along the lines you mention with a range of displays from a range of manufacturer.
To be honest i can't remember the last time I used a traditional note taker, and, like you, now am almost always using my IPhone with Braille for note taking and on the move information access.