[BCAB] JAWS and Putty

Michael A. Ray mike.ray at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 12 15:42:57 GMT 2013

Chris,

I don't use Jaws so I don't know the answer.  However, I do know that
PuTTY uses a non-standard way of writing text to the screen and that's
why it's such a pain.

NVDA works ok with it but I have found that Tera-Term is far, far better
with screen-readers.

I have been using it to connect to my Raspberry Pi and editing stuff
with nano.

Incidentally a couple of days ago I got a console-mode screen-reader
going on the Pi, if that's what you're connecting to.

Now you're going to ask me where to find Tera-Term...it took me ages and
I had a couple of abortive attempts when I managed to install something
without the SSH plugin included.  So I will see if I still have the
installer and send it to you off list if you want.

Mike

--
Michael A. Ray

Analyst/Programmer
Witley, Surrey, South-east UK

Ham Radio Callsign: G4XBF, licenced since 1982

'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem' - Ockham's Razor

Use the NVDA screen-reader, not Scientific, just Freedom:
http://nvda-project.org/