[BCAB] iphone locked or not?

Graham Page gpage at useit.plus.com
Wed Feb 13 05:50:32 GMT 2013

Hi all.

I have a friend who dropped an IPhone 4S in water who paid for a new apple
Iphone 5 and later on took the damaged model to the apple store and got a
refurbished  IPhone 4S in it's place after paying a fee for this service.
I am curious to know if this new model is unlocked so it can be used with
sims from any provider.  When the IPhone 5 was bought the sim was
transferred from the damaged IPhone 4S so I am guessing that the refurbished
4S will not be locked.  Is there any way of checking this without trying an
alternative microsim?

Cheers

Graham

Graham Page