[BCAB] ESET Security Accessibility?

Steve Nutt steve at comproom.co.uk
Wed Feb 13 11:05:16 GMT 2013

Hi Steve,

Well there's good news and bad news.

I hate calling things inaccessible when it is not entirely true, so the good
news is Eset 6 is in fact, accessible.

The bad news is this.  I just installed V6 on a test machine here, and if
you are prepared to use the mouse keys a little bit in Window-Eyes or the
JAWS cursor, it is completely accessible.  I can bring down the tools menu
with a mouse click with Window-Eyes and access every single feature.  SO the
correct term is it is not keyboard accessible.

But a little investment in time with your screen reader, will yield
wonderful results.

So V6 is perfectly fine if you are OK with using mouse type movement with
your screen reader, which typically, blind people are not.  I wonder why?

Anyway, no reason not to upgrade if you are OK with your screen reader.

I haven't tried NVDA in flat review, but I doubt that would work, but JAWS
and Window-Eyes are fine.

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage