[BCAB] Note Takers

Ian Macrae ian.macrae at disabilitynow.org.uk
Wed Feb 13 13:57:56 GMT 2013

They have a new one coming out which has a number of enhancements over the Pocket so you might want to look into that. Think it comes in around £260.  but again I'd just raise a question about going the bespoke route when the direction of travel for everyone else is towards greater convergence.  Not only does my solution allow me to make notes either in Braille, qwerty or as audio:  I can also receive and send texts, check my email or my twitter feed or even have a sneaky listen to something soothing from my music library, and all of this is controlled via my portable Braille display.  You can also email meeting documents to yourself and pick them up as attachments on the phone and read them in Braille or TTS.

Ian Macrae
Editor
Disability Now
6 Market Road