[BCAB] JAWS versus Window Eyes

Jackie Cairns jackie.cairnsplace at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 14 10:58:29 GMT 2013

I agree with the mixture of sentiments being expressed here.  If NVDA works
for you, good enough, why pay for one of the other programs?  I don't think
there is much to choose between Window-Eyes and JAWS, except FS charge you
for the level of operating system you are running, that is, Home Premium or
Professional.  This is a money-making thing I frankly detest.  With JAWS,
you can't send the copy protection back to the Internet, so if you want to
modify your computer, or JAWS throws a tantrum, then you need them to reset
your count, and they are keen on interrogation!

I also like the Apple approach, where you have VoiceOver out of the box.
JAWS isn't thankfully the big player it was because of the amount of choice
available to us nowadays.  As others have said, try the demos, and get some
hands-on at an Apple store if that's possible and part of your thinking.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns