[BCAB] any mobile app developers here?

john john at developer.plus.com
Fri Feb 15 22:43:39 GMT 2013

    Hi to all android devs,

Just thought I'd put a few ideas your way to see what your thoughts are.

1. A point and check bus number app. Its great to have the gps to tell you once on the bus but how about having an app, that can tell you what bus is at the stop before you get on and have to ask the driver is this the bus I want.

2. Oystercard app with tube gps. It would be great to have an app that can track all oystercard transactions and help with finding your way through the tube network.

3. Braille tactile app. A instant way of getting a black/white image through a refreshable braille display connected via bluetooth. I created a simple web app that does this using ascii braille.

http://www.braillemedia.co.uk/tools/img2brl/

4. Realtime tactile scanner app. An app that can give tactile images via a bluetooth braille display bassed on what you point your camera at. The idea is a little like the tactile mouse from www.tactile-world.com/

Best, John