[BCAB] unable to uninstall jaws 7.0

Agent Orange agentorange at talktalk.net
Wed Feb 20 13:40:02 GMT 2013

Revo Uninstaller can work, but be very careful when using it.  It offers
different levels of aggression, so to speak, when trying to uninstall
software.  It will scrub the registry for all keys it can find and this,
amongst other factors, can do real inadvertent damage.  I speak from
personal experience!  I would suggest that you make a disc image before you
go down this road.

When you say that JAWS 7.0 will not uninstall, it may help to elaborate.
Are the files and directories associated with that version still there after
you run the uninstall routine, what about desktop icons?  Do you get any
messages before or after the reboot?

If your objective is to reclaim disc space, you could try doing a manual
uninstall by manually removing 7.0 components, but again, do this with care
because some JAWS resources are shared across versions.

I know that with performing a multiple JAWS installation, you generally have
to install lower version numbers before higher version numbers.  I'm not
sure, therefore, whether attempting to uninstall an earlier version whilst
you have a later version could be part of the difficulty.  Perhaps others
know.

I am assuming that you do have a more recent version of JAWS as well.

Just some thoughts...

Phil

Phil