[BCAB] Missed Calls on Office Phone? Solution

Adrian Higginbotham Adrian at dogfish.plus.com
Wed Feb 20 13:45:15 GMT 2013

There are access solutions available for some IP phoen systems but they do
depend on your organisation having teh ability to install that software
locally on your phone management servers. We looked in to it at one of my
former workplaces as there were 2 or 3 people who would have benefited from
it but because they are usually corporate licences and/or  are very
technology specific the costs were high.  The solutionI sue now is simply to
have a mobile as my one and only office phone. It isn't link in to the
organisation directory so I can't browse all employees, I don't get caller
ID unless I've previously added a caller in my contacts, and infact if they
are calling from their deskphones it shows as a blocked number but it's
better than nothing. If Blackberry get on  and sort a screenreader for their
new OS then there should at last be an accessible corporate phone
infrastructure available. not holding my brath just yet though.

Adrian Higginbotham
E: Adrian at dogfish.plus.com