[BCAB] Windows XP Pro and Jaws 13

Roger Woolgrove rawoolgrove at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 00:58:11 GMT 2013

Hi all,

Just taken stock of my new machine and a couple of little puzzles.

As I like to customise my start menu and other user details, when I go into the C drive where Windows is installed, I used to press D and this would take me to Documents and Settings.  I think it still takes me there but it no longer says so, I am rewarded with silence.  Any idea how to get this thing to say what I have landed on.

Have already needed to reboot because of errors or something.  Could not access Shut down through the Start Menu as this was not responding.  Tried the 3 finger salute and still did nothing.  Did a hard reboot and do not want to get into this habit this soon.  Any ideas how to ensure a safe shut down.

In Documents and Settings, I have All users, Owner and Default User.  I used to have my name, Roger Woolgrove as the owner folder or default user but modifying the start menu inside default user which I can rename does not actually alter the start menu.  Modifying the start menu in owner does have the desired effect but I am unable to find a way to rename the owner folder, windows will not let me.  Again, any ideas?

My gratitude in spades in advance.

Roger