[BCAB] WINDOWEYES 8.1 NOT SPEAKING

stephen thacker steve.thacker at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 22 23:05:00 GMT 2013

Dear friends, I called out my sighted friend as I am totally
blind and have been getting no speech from my pc which is a 32
bit and using Windows 7. She confirmed my pc is fully functional
apart from the speech, so, can you advise me what may be the
problem and what can I do to lesolve the issue? I'm using a Busch
set of microphone and headset which is connected to my pc by the
usb port, but both having these connected and then disconnecting
them proved unsatisfactory and didn't get rid of the problem. We
are going to get a new microphone headset tomorrow even if it
isn't the case that my headset is faulty. I don't really want to
do a system restore as sighted assistance would be needed. Would
narrator help me solve this problem? If I delete window-eyes and
install WE8.0 again would that resolve the issue?

Thanks for any help, Steve