[BCAB] SIGNING DOCS CREATED OVER THE NET

Richard Godfrey-McKay lists.godfrey-mckay at virginmedia.com
Sat Feb 23 12:26:24 GMT 2013

Hi,
I've had discussions with a Scottish Government agency concerning the best
way for a blind person to sign a form created on that Agency's web page.

I know that HMRC don't require tax returns to be signed, presumably because
they know who you are from your having had to complete a log-in process.

Similarly, no signature was required when I completed a blue badge renewal
form - although I had to phone up to pay the fee by card.

I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a solution which would overcome the
difficulty a blind person would have in knowing where to sign on a printed
version, or if anyone has any other ingenious ideas to enable us to complete
this last step of the process of submitting electronically produced forms.

Richard

Richard Godfrey-McKay

Telephone: 01738-445 880

Mobile: 07791 452 593