[BCAB] Sky broadband advice

Chris H christopherh40 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 17:15:50 GMT 2013

Good evening all.
I am with Sky for my broadband and line rental.
I am looking for general advice on intermittent crashes when my router
connects via wifi.
What happens is all the lights are showing normal, for example green for
the internet, however my iPhone 4 refuses to connect. The same is true
for my Windows 8 64 bit laptop. Member and friend Hannah Day can
duplicate this on her iPhone 3Gs. If we try to select the network by
going to settings, wifi, it says unable to join the network, with a
dismiss button. I tried forgetting the network and re-joining it only to
fail again. The laptop shows not connected and that connections are
available. We did not attempt to connect manually for we would run into
the same failure.
The resolution was to shut the laptop down, switch off the router at the
wall, leave for about 5 minutes, then switch it back on before switching
the laptop back on. All is well after that.
Like I say this is an intermittent problem.
If I was to leave the router on 24 7, there are absolutely no problems.
But understandably I do not want to do this for both health and safety
as well as economic reasons.
If it happens again, should I contact Sky for further investigation?
Any responses would be greatly appreciated.
Chris H.
--

Christopher Hallsworth