[BCAB] Cloud based mass storage backup

Derek Naysmith derek.naysmith at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 27 10:49:56 GMT 2013

Barry,
I've been using Carbonite for quite a few years now. While the accessibility
is not perfect I have been able to use it OK. Your backed up files appear as
an extra drive on Windows explorer and so are accessible directly.
I have used the total restore a few times after replacing hard disks etc.
with no problems.

I have upgraded to the  full package which includes backing up an external
hard drive and a mirror image facility. I am not 100% happy with the mirror
image side of things as my drive sounds like it is thrashing itself to death
while creating the image.  Once my existing contract expires I might
downgrade to the standard contract.
I certainly like the unlimited storage as I have just about everything
backed up on Carbonite- photos etc.

I have used Carbonite to access files while I am away from home as it is
simply a matter of logging in to your account.

One nice feature is that you get an email reminder if no files have been
backed up for a week. Usually this would indicate you have been away on
holiday but...

P.S. If you do think about going for Carbonite please let me recommend you!

Derek