[BCAB] Editing fields on web pages using NVDA

Lewis Crack lewiscrack at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 27 17:35:59 GMT 2013


Hi Clive,

It was a pleasure to be able to help! I'm enjoying being on lists like
these, as I wish to become an ICT Technician after University, so
these lists give me experience as to how to advise people to fix
problems, so I can do them in a job.
Cheers.
Lewis.

On 27/02/2013, Clive.Lever at kent.gov.uk <Clive.Lever at kent.gov.uk> wrote:
> Thanks Lewis,
>
> Tried it and it works fine.
>
> Best,
> Clive
>
>
>
> Clive Lever
> Diversity and Equality Officer
> Kent County Council
>
> Office: 01622 221163
> Email: clive.lever at kent.gov.uk
>
>
> Kent County Council
> Room G37
> Sessions House
> Maidstone, Kent.
> ME14 1XQ
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bcab [mailto:bcab-bounces at lists.bcab.org.uk] On Behalf Of Lewis Crack
> Sent: 27 February 2013 17:24
> To: BCAB Discussion List
> Subject: Re: [BCAB] Editing fields on web pages using NVDA
>
> Hi Clive,
>
> there is indeed a kind of forms mode, called Focus Mode. To enable it press
> Insert/Capslock (for laptop keyboard mode) + Spacebar when you on the edit
> field, and you'll hear a little click, like someone pressing a key on a
> desktop keyboard.
> From then on, pressing tab through the edit fields will keep you in Focus
> Mode, enabling you to type normally, and when there are no more edit fields,
> Focus Mode should deactivate automatically, and you'll hear a kind of high
> pitched beep/ding. If this doesn't happen, pressing Insert + Spacebar will
> do the trick and switch Focus Mode off.
> Hope this helps and feel free to mail back if you have any more queries!
> Regards.
> Lewis.
>
> On 27/02/2013, Clive.Lever at kent.gov.uk <Clive.Lever at kent.gov.uk> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> please can someone tell me whether there is an equivalent of JAWS
>> "Forms edit" mode in NVDA, so that it doesn't try to execute commands
>> when you enter letters?
>>
>> If I'm editing my "Username" field and type in "l", I want an L to to
>> into the field, but get a message saying "no lists...".
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Clive
>>
>>
>>
>> Clive Lever
>> Diversity and Equality Officer
>> Kent County Council
>>
>> Office: 01622 221163
>> Email: clive.lever at kent.gov.uk<mailto:clive.lever at kent.gov.uk>
>>
>>
>> Kent County Council
>> Room G37
>> Sessions House
>> Maidstone, Kent.
>> ME14 1XQ
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can
>> bring, please visit our website:
>> http://www.bcab.org.uk/
>>
>> To manage your subscription to the BCAB mailing list, please visit our
>> website:
>> http://www.bcab.org.uk/bcab-discussion-list/
>>
>> To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email
>> moderator at bcab.org.uk.
>>
>
>
> --
> Lewis Adam Crack
>
> --
> To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can bring,
> please visit our website:
> http://www.bcab.org.uk/
>
> To manage your subscription to the BCAB mailing list, please visit our
> website:
> http://www.bcab.org.uk/bcab-discussion-list/
>
> To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email
> moderator at bcab.org.uk.
>
> --
> To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can bring,
> please visit our website:
> http://www.bcab.org.uk/
>
> To manage your subscription to the BCAB mailing list, please visit our
> website:
> http://www.bcab.org.uk/bcab-discussion-list/
>
> To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email
> moderator at bcab.org.uk.
>


-- 
Lewis Adam Crack




More information about the Bcab mailing list