[BCAB] Sky broadband advice

Lewis Crack lewiscrack at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 28 10:03:44 GMT 2013

Hi Steve.

I have always left my router on, and have recently advised a friend to
do the same. I am on VirginMedia myself, and find that I only have to
reboot the router whenever there is an "outage", or if the Internet is
behaving particularly slowly on all computers. I've never had any
problems when leaving it on 24/7. As to your comment on frequency
channels and so on, newer routers are usually good at detecting the
right channel for their needs so that interference like taxi radios,
cordless phones, or other routers in the vacinity don't override the
frequency of the router, causing it to crash or cause connection
issues. Usually the Internet Service Provider should know the correct
frequency and leave the router set to that setting to avoid this.
As to when people have problems with them, I would say, make sure that
your router is not near another device that gives off radio waves,
such as cordless phones, televisions, etc.
Hope this explains a few things.
Regards.
Lewis.

Lewis Adam Crack