[BCAB] Kindle app with Braille

Ian Macrae ian.macrae at disabilitynow.org.uk
Thu May 2 13:40:21 BST 2013

Mute the speech on the phone with either a double 3-finger tap or try an m-chord on your Braille device.

Ian Macrae
Editor
Disability Now
6 Market Road
London
N7 9PW
++44 20 7619 7760 ext 7760
++44 7824 900855
www.disabilitynow.org.uk<http://www.disabilitynow.org.uk>
Follow us: @disabilitynow

On 2 May 2013, at 13:30, Jackie Cairns wrote:

I have installed the Kindle app onto my iPhone.  Straightforward.  Upon
launching it, I was asked to put in my Email and password credentials.
Straightforward.  I found the books I had bought, and double tapped on the
one I wanted to download.  Again, no problem.  I paired my BrailleSense with
the iPhone, again successfully.  I can now read the book, and Braille is in
contracted mode how I like it.  But if I want to read the book in Braille
without VoiceOver, how do I achieve this?  Reading Braille on an iOS device
is quite new to me, so please forgive the question if it appears pretty
basic.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns